Sega might not be too keen on making sequels to its games (Sonic Superstars notwithstanding), but it has been willing to license out sequels such as Streets of Rage 4. We'll soon see another such licensed sequel in the form of C-Smash VRS, the upcoming PlayStation VR2-exclusive sequel to Cosmic Smash. While Cosmic Smash is a fairly obscure arcade/Dreamcast game, there's no denying that this sequel looks like a super fun virtual reality game.
C-Smash VRS is a first-person brick breaking/squash game from Wolf & Wood and RapidEyeMovers. One or two online players will use their virtual rackets to break bricks in a stylish sci-fi setting. If the music in the trailer is any indication, the game will have a great soundtrack. It's just too bad that C-Smash VRS is exclusive to the PS VR2; perhaps it will make it Oculus and Steam VR later on.
- What VR Was Born to Be: Imagine playing the ultimate sport while feeling both stimulated and relaxed, your mind and body at one with the best music and stunning visuals. A truly transportive experience.
- Single Player, Versus and Co-Op: Go on a transformative Journey to the edge of space and time - alone or with a friend - or play a variety of competitive modes against players worldwide. Experience the ultimate workout with the Infinity mode.
- Music You Want to Live In: Original tracks from DJ Ken Ishii (Rez Infinite) and Danalogue (The Comet is Coming, Soccer 96). Your avatar's body and dynamic environments pulse to the beat - pure synaesthesia.
- A New Breed in Future Sports: C-Smash VRS fuses the best of racket sports - squash, tennis, racket, paddle ball and beyond - as well as other sporting disciplines into a stellar physical experience.
- Design Made Physical: Built from the ground up by VR pioneers Wolf & Wood and an international dream team of artists, designers, musicians, all committed to changing how a game can make you move, see, hear and feel.
- Intuitive Controls: Learn the basics in minutes before going on to master mind- and time-bending Trick Shots and special techniques.
- Full Body Immersion: Transport your whole body to another universe. A total mind and body experience.
- Fitness Without the Stress: Get fit to the beat while having fun as you build up a sweat.
C-Smash VRS is now available to preorder on the PlayStation Store for $26.99. The full game will launch on Friday, June 23. A free demo is now available, so be sure to grab it if you've got the PlayStation VR2!